“Review Of Pk Movie” In the world of cinema, certain films stand out not just for their entertainment value but also for their thought-provoking content. One such film that left a significant mark on both Indian and international audiences is “PK.” Directed by Rajkumar Hirani and starring Aamir Khan in the titular role, “PK” is a Bollywood masterpiece that delves deep into the intricacies of society, religion, and humanity. In this comprehensive article, we will explore “PK” in great detail, unraveling its plot, characters, underlying themes, and impact on Society.
Main Genre: Comedy-Drama
Released Date: December 19, 2014
How many hours is the movie: Approximately 2 hours and 33 Minutes
Original language: Hindi
Hit Song: Love Is a Waste of Time
Famous Dialogues: Those who use religion as a means of doing business are the biggest robbers on this planet
Rating: Approximately 8.1/10 on IMDb
Earning: 854 crores ( Approximately 120 million USD )
Budget: 85 Crores (Approximately 12 million USD)
Awards: Filmfare Awards, National Film Award, Star Guild Awards, Zee Cine Awards, IIFA Awards (International Indian Film Academy Awards)
Table of Contents
PK Movie Cast
- Aamir Khan as PK ( a humanoid alien )
- Anushka Sharma as Jagatjanani “Jaggu” Sahni, a news reporter & Sarfaraz’s girlfriend
- Sushant Singh Rajput as Sarfaraz Yousuf, Jaggu’s boyfriend
- Boman Irani as Cherry Bajwa, Jaggu’s boss
- Saurabh Shukla as Tapasvi Maharaj, a self proclaimed Godman
- Sanjay Dutt as Bhairon “Bhaia” Singh, PK’s friend
- Parikshit Sahni as Jayprakash Sahni, Jaggu’s father
- Amardeep Jha as Mrs. Sahni, Jaggu’s mother
- Ram Sethi as the Old Man in Belgium who betrayed Sarfaraz & Jaggu
- Sai Gundewar as Belgium Show Ticket Seller
- Rohitash Gaud as Pandeyji, a police constable
- Reema Debnath as Phuljhadiya, the prostitute
- Sachin Parikh as Tapasvi’s manager
- Arun Bali as the Old Sikh man in restaurant who wants money from PK
- Kamini Kaushal as the wife of Old Sikh man in restaurant
- Michael Pekala as bystander in train station
- Rukhsaar Rehman as the Receptionist at Pakistan Embassy, Belgium
- Plabita Borthakur as Jaggu’s sister
- Anil Mange as character dressed as Shiva
- Brijendra Kala as an Idol Seller at Delhi Temple
- Alok Pandey as a Reporter
- Rajeev Gupta as a Policeman to whom PK goes to report a complaint against God
- Monali Thakur as a Kashmiri Girl
- Maanvi Gagroo as Meetu Singh, Jaggu’s colleague
- Shaji Choudhary as Tapasvi Maharaj’s bodyguard
- Ranbir Kapoor in a cameo appearance as a fellow alien from PK’s home planet
PK Movie Crew
- Director: Rajkumar Hirani
- Producer: Rajkumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra
- Writer: Rajkumar Hirani, Abhijat Joshi
- Music Director: Shantanu Moitra, Ajay-Atul, Ankit Tiwari
- Cinematographer: C.K. Muraleedharan
- Editor: Rajkumar Hirani
- Production Designer: Acropolis (Rajnish Hedao, Sumit Basu, Snigdha Basu)
- Art Direction: Sanjay Karole
- Costume Designer: Manish Malhotra
- Makeup and Hair: Vikram Gaikwad
- Sound Designer: Shajith Koyeri
- Visual Effects: Red Chillies VFX (Harry Hingorani, Keitan Yadav)
- Choreographer: Ganesh Acharya
- Background Score: Shantanu Moitra, Ajay-Atul
- Lyricists: Swanand Kirkire, Amitabh Varma
- Playback Singers: Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Shaan, Swaroop Khan, Shantanu Moitra, Ajay Gogavale, and others
- Chief Assistant Director: Raj Acharya
- Assistant Directors: Karan Narvekar, Rajesh Sharma, Yash Bhatia, Gyanendra Srivastava
- Associate Art Director: Prasad Sutar
- Set Decorator: Shailesh Mahadik
- Costume Design Assistant: Harpreet Dhingra
- Production Managers: Inderjit Chadha, Manish Ranjan, Anil Mathur
- Location Sound: Nakul Kamte
- Dialogue Supervisor: Abhijat Joshi
- Chief Make-Up Artist: Vikram Gaikwad
- Make-Up Artists: Romila Mukherjee, Karan Singh
- Hair Stylists: Manjushree D. Tiwari, Deepti Agarwal
- Chief Costume Designer: Manish Malhotra
- Costume Designers: Rupa Chourasia, Gauri Khan
- Costume Coordinator: Rohit Chaturvedi
- Production Sound Mixer: Hitendra Ghosh
- Re-Recording Mixer: Shajith Koyeri
- Sound Design Assistants: Tejas Jadhav, Mandar Kagal, Pranit Purao
- Sound Effects Editor: Boloy Kumar Doloi
- Foley: Sameer Chougule
- Foley Mixer: Uday Inamati
- Foley Artist: Pratap Jadav
- Boom Operator: Pritam Das
- Sound Recordist: Rakesh Ranjan
- First Assistant Camera: Mitesh Mirchandani
- Second Assistant Camera: Raman Choudhary
- Assistant Production Designers: Shilpa Rastogi, Roma Sharma
- Set Decoration Assistant: Prasad Kumar Shetty
- Art Department Coordinator: Prasad Sutar
- Assistant Art Directors: Ravikumar Sada, Aradhana Seth
- Graphic Designer: Priya Suhas
- Storyboard Artist: Vasudev Bhaskar Nadkarni
- Title Sequence: VFX – Abhishek Khare
PK Official Teaser Trailer (2014) – Comedy Movie
The Plot And Storyline (Review Of Pk Movie)
Arrival of PK on Earth
“Review Of Pk Movie” The movie “PK” begins with the arrival of PK, an alien from another planet, on Earth. This initial plot point sets the stage for the entire story. PK’s arrival is marked by two significant factors: he is completely naked, and he lacks the ability to communicate in any human language. These aspects immediately create a sense of intrigue and humor.
As PK lands on Earth, his unconventional appearance and behavior attract the attention of people from various walks of life. His innocent curiosity leads to humorous encounters as he grapples with basic human customs like clothing and communication. These initial moments of confusion and absurdity form the comedic foundation of the film.
PK’s quest to understand human behavior, customs, and societal norms drives the narrative forward. He navigates the complexities of daily life, often with childlike wonder and a genuine desire to comprehend the world around him. This section of the storyline highlights the humor and charm of PK’s character as he learns about Earth and its inhabitants.
Unraveling the Mysteries of Faith and Humanity
“Review Of Pk Movie” As the plot progresses, “PK” evolves into a deeper exploration of faith, religion, and humanity. PK’s innocent inquiries lead him to question religious practices, superstitions, and cultural differences. These questions challenge the beliefs of those he encounters, leading to both comical and profound moments.
One of the central elements of the story is PK’s quest to retrieve a device that will enable him to return to his home planet. This quest brings him into contact with Jaggu, a young journalist who becomes his friend and ally. Together, they embark on a mission to understand and challenge the prevailing religious norms and practices in society.
PK’s interactions with various characters, including religious leaders and common people, shed light on the film’s central themes. These themes include the critique of religious dogma, the promotion of rational thinking, and the power of love and compassion that transcends language and cultural barriers.
Throughout the narrative, “PK” blends humor, satire, and heartwarming moments to deliver its thought-provoking messages. The film’s climax is a powerful culmination of PK’s journey, leaving a lasting impact on the characters and the audience.
What’s the Core of the Story ? – Themes Explored
Religion and Spirituality
“Review Of Pk Movie” “PK” critically examines the role of religion and spirituality in society. PK’s innocent curiosity leads him to question the authenticity of religious rituals and practices. He encounters various religious communities and learns about their beliefs and customs, often with a sense of bewilderment.
The film highlights the stark contrast between spirituality, which is portrayed as a personal and pure connection with the divine, and organized religion, with its rituals and dogma. Through PK’s journey, viewers are encouraged to contemplate the essence of faith and spirituality, emphasizing that true spirituality transcends the boundaries of organized religion.
“Review Of Pk Movie” “PK” uses humor and satire to shed light on the prevalence of superstitions in society. PK’s encounters with irrational beliefs and superstitious practices provide moments of comedic relief while delivering a pointed message about the need to question and challenge such beliefs.
The film highlights how superstitions can lead to absurd and comical situations, revealing the irrationality that often underlies them. By satirizing these beliefs, “PK” encourages viewers to adopt a more rational and logical approach to understanding the world.
PK’s journey on Earth exposes him to the rich tapestry of Indian culture, showcasing the myriad traditions, languages, and customs that exist. The film emphasizes the importance of cultural understanding and acceptance.
Through PK’s interactions with people from different cultural backgrounds, “PK” encourages viewers to embrace and appreciate diversity. It sends a message that understanding and respecting cultural differences can lead to a more harmonious and compassionate society.
Love and Compassion
“Review Of Pk Movie” The theme of love and compassion is woven into the fabric of “PK.” PK’s innocence and vulnerability make him a character who elicits empathy and affection from those he encounters. His interactions with various characters, regardless of language or cultural barriers, demonstrate the universal power of love and kindness.
The film underscores that love and compassion are fundamental aspects of humanity that transcend the boundaries of language and belief systems. It encourages viewers to cultivate empathy and extend kindness to others, irrespective of their differences.
In summary, “PK” explores these themes through the lens of PK’s journey of self-discovery on Earth. The film uses humor, satire, and heartfelt moments to deliver its messages, encouraging viewers to reflect on their beliefs, question societal norms, and embrace the values of love, compassion, and cultural acceptance.
Humanity and Empathy
“PK” delves deeply into the theme of humanity and empathy. Through PK’s encounters and interactions with people from different backgrounds, the film emphasizes the importance of empathy and understanding in a diverse world.
PK’s innocence and his genuine desire to understand and connect with people lead to moments of empathy and compassion. He challenges preconceived notions and biases, ultimately revealing the shared humanity that binds people together.
“Review Of Pk Movie” The film encourages viewers to look beyond superficial differences and embrace a more inclusive and empathetic approach to relating to others. It serves as a reminder that empathy is a powerful force that can bridge gaps and foster greater understanding among individuals and communities.
key Moments – Important Scenes In Movie
PK’s Arrival on Earth
“Review Of Pk Movie” In the opening scene, the audience witnesses PK’s arrival on Earth, which is marked by his sudden appearance, complete nakedness, and a sense of confusion. This moment is crucial as it sets the foundation for the entire film. PK’s nakedness symbolizes his vulnerability and innocence, and it immediately elicits curiosity and humor. It also underscores the theme of being an outsider, as he arrives on a new planet with no understanding of human customs.
The brilliance of this scene lies in its ability to grab the audience’s attention right from the start. PK’s initial vulnerability also endears him to the audience, making them empathize with his unfamiliarity with Earth’s ways. This scene paves the way for the exploration of human behavior and customs through PK’s alien perspective.
The Radio Signal
In this scene, PK encounters a radio and believes it to be a communication device to contact his home planet. His attempts to communicate through the radio lead to comical misunderstandings as he speaks into it, expecting a response from his fellow beings. This scene is important because it establishes PK’s lack of understanding of human technology and communication, highlighting his alien status.
Furthermore, this scene introduces the theme of communication and misunderstanding, which recurs throughout the film. PK’s inability to grasp human technology serves as a humorous motif, underscoring the challenges he faces in adapting to Earth’s ways. It also foreshadows his later attempts to communicate with his home planet, which drive the plot forward.
PK’s Encounter with Religions
PK’s interactions with various religious communities and leaders are central to the film’s narrative. These scenes are pivotal because they form the core of the film’s social commentary on religion and spirituality. PK’s innocent questions challenge established religious practices, rituals, and the concept of God, leading to humorous and thought-provoking moments.
“Review Of Pk Movie” These interactions are significant as they push the boundaries of societal norms and encourage viewers to reevaluate their own perspectives on religion. They highlight the absurdity of certain religious customs while also emphasizing the importance of genuine spirituality and faith. PK’s curiosity and innocence in these scenes serve as a powerful tool for questioning religious dogma and superstition.
Friendship with Jaggu
“Review Of Pk Movie” PK’s friendship with Jaggu, a young journalist, is a pivotal aspect of the film’s emotional depth and character development. Their friendship begins when Jaggu helps PK, who is struggling with the language barrier and cultural differences. This friendship allows for a deeper exploration of the film’s themes, as Jaggu assists PK in understanding Earth’s customs and navigating its complexities.
The significance of this relationship lies in its ability to bridge the gap between PK’s alien perspective and the human world. It provides the audience with a relatable connection to PK’s journey. Through their interactions, the film explores concepts of empathy, cultural acceptance, and the power of human connection. Jaggu’s role as a compassionate guide adds emotional depth to the story and highlights the importance of understanding and helping those who are different from us.
The “Wrong Number” Dialogue
“Review Of Pk Movie” This iconic scene features PK’s innocent inquiry into the phrase “Wrong Number” when answering the phone. It is a simple yet profound observation that encapsulates the film’s central message about questioning established norms and beliefs. The brilliance of this scene lies in its ability to use humor to provoke deep thought.
PK’s question challenges the automatic acceptance of language and customs without questioning their origins or meanings. It encourages viewers to question the everyday practices and beliefs that are often taken for granted. This scene serves as a metaphor for the larger mission of the film: to inspire critical thinking and promote rationality and compassion in society.
“Review Of Pk Movie” PK’s transformation is a gradual process that occurs throughout the film. As he gains a deeper understanding of human behavior and spirituality, viewers witness his character evolve. This transformation is evident in his actions and interactions with others.
The significance of PK’s transformation lies in its ability to convey the film’s central message of growth and enlightenment. It showcases the power of curiosity and empathy to change individuals and challenge societal norms. PK’s evolution from a bewildered alien to a compassionate and enlightened being is a testament to the film’s themes of unity, compassion, and the potential for positive change.
The climax of the film features a powerful speech delivered by PK. In this pivotal scene, PK challenges established norms and calls for a more rational and compassionate society. This moment serves as the culmination of PK’s journey and leaves a profound impact on the characters and the audience.
“Review Of Pk Movie” The significance of the climactic speech lies in its ability to crystallize the film’s themes and messages. It is a moment of catharsis and reflection, where PK’s words resonate not only within the context of the film but also in the broader social and cultural context. It underscores the film’s call for unity, understanding, and a more inclusive and compassionate world.
“Review Of Pk Movie” The film’s resolution provides closure to PK’s quest to retrieve his device and return home. It also highlights the growth and transformation of several characters, including PK and Jaggu. This resolution is significant because it brings the narrative full circle, showing the consequences of the characters’ journeys.
The significance of the resolution lies in its ability to tie up loose ends and provide a sense of fulfillment. It reinforces the film’s messages about unity, cultural acceptance, and the power of friendship and empathy. The resolution brings a sense of completion to the story and leaves viewers with a sense of hope and optimism.
Impact Of Movie
Thought-Provoking Social Commentary:
“PK” is renowned for its thought-provoking social commentary on various aspects of society, including:
- Religion: The film questions religious dogma, rituals, and practices. PK’s innocent inquiries challenge established beliefs, encouraging viewers to contemplate the essence of faith and spirituality.
- Superstition: Through humor and satire, “PK” sheds light on the prevalence of superstitions in society. PK’s encounters with irrational beliefs reveal the irrationality that often underlies them.
- Cultural Diversity: The movie celebrates India’s cultural diversity by showcasing various languages, traditions, and customs. It promotes the idea of cultural understanding and acceptance.
“Review Of Pk Movie” The film’s dialogues, particularly PK’s questioning of the phrase “Wrong Number,” became iconic:
- Simple Yet Profound: This iconic dialogue encapsulates the film’s central message about questioning established norms and beliefs. It uses humor to provoke deep thought.
- Cultural Impact: The dialogue resonated with viewers, becoming a cultural reference point. It continues to be quoted and referenced in popular culture, contributing to the film’s lasting impact.
Gender Equality and Freedom:
- Marriage and Independence: PK’s interactions with Jaggu highlight the importance of women’s independence and the right to make their own decisions, including decisions related to marriage and relationships.
- Voice Against Oppression: The film indirectly addresses issues such as forced marriages and societal pressure on women. PK’s questioning of these practices serves as a symbolic voice against oppression and control over women’s lives.
Box Office Success:
“PK” made a significant impact on the Indian film industry by achieving remarkable box office success:
- Record-Breaking Earnings: The film became one of the highest-grossing Indian films of all time, setting new records for box office earnings. This success highlighted the potential for content-driven cinema to excel commercially.
- Financial Viability: “PK” demonstrated that meaningful storytelling and thought-provoking themes could attract massive audiences, challenging the perception that commercial success relied solely on formulaic entertainment.
- Industry Influence: The film’s box office success influenced subsequent Bollywood films, encouraging filmmakers to explore socially relevant themes and content-driven narratives
“PK” had a significant impact on the international stage:
- Global Audience: The film introduced Bollywood cinema to a broader global audience. Its international success helped break down barriers and stereotypes associated with Indian films.
- Cultural Exchange: “PK” contributed to a cultural exchange between India and other countries. It showcased India’s diverse culture and society, fostering cross-cultural understanding.
- Expansion of Indian Cinema: The film’s global recognition paved the way for more Indian films to find audiences worldwide, strengthening the position of Indian cinema in the international film landscape.
Promoting Compassion and Empathy:
“Review Of Pk Movie” “PK” promotes values such as compassion and empathy, which have a positive impact on women:
- Empathy for Vulnerable Women: PK’s vulnerability and innocence in a foreign land make him relatable, and this empathy extends to women who may face challenges in society. Viewers are encouraged to empathize with those who are vulnerable or marginalized.
- Challenging Discrimination: The film indirectly challenges discrimination against women by highlighting the absurdity of certain social norms and practices. It encourages viewers to question gender-based discrimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is PK based on a true story?
- No, “PK” is a work of fiction, although it raises questions inspired by real-life events and societal issues.
- What message does “PK” convey?
- “PK” encourages viewers to question blind faith, religious dogma, and superstition while promoting rational thinking and compassion.
- How did Aamir Khan prepare for his role as PK?
- Aamir Khan underwent significant physical and emotional transformations to portray the character convincingly.
- Why did “PK” receive both praise and criticism?
- The film’s exploration of sensitive topics led to both admiration and controversy, sparking discussions on freedom of expression.
In conclusion, “PK” stands as a cinematic gem that challenges societal norms, inspires critical thinking, and promotes compassion. Its impact extends far beyond the screen, leaving an indelible mark on Indian cinema and encouraging viewers, including women, to question established beliefs, embrace diversity, and strive for a more inclusive and empathetic world.
ALSO READ: Lady Gaga Joker Movie
ALSO READ: Tiger 3 Full Movie Download
ALSO READ: Jane Breaking Bad 2008-2013